Thursday 19 November 2015

Lots of Pictures - And Cross-Stitches!

Yeah... That happened. I've had absolutely everything on my mind except this blog. Oops. I did however manage to take pictures of the denim shirt so far, although they are from a couple of weeks ago so I've done a little more since then. I have conquered my hatred and completed my first ever cross stitch which will now be going on my list of hobbies ^.^ I think it's pretty but it did take me forever!
Anyway I have the pictures of the shirt now. I know the lighting is sinful but at least I have them! Don't be too blown away... it is pretty under-developed at the moment. I'm going to have fun with the arms because this fabric is thicker than the suggested linen so it doesn't move as easily.

I know it isn't that impressive but I'm proud of the pocket!
I am really surprised how I've managed to not mess it up. So proud. (Ignore
the annoying tiny raw edge...)
Underside of the collar. Bank of Mother bought me a twin needle which is now
very much appreciated, but every time I use it I'm praying I don't go wrong.
One row of stitching to unpick is bad enough. Can you imagine two?
I know it's a bit late to mention it, but I went with my personal walking bank to Ally Pally and the Knitting and Stitching show on my birthday. As usual I was just too cute to refuse so I ended up blagging a shocking pile of things.
One thing I decided to get was more patchwork material, so after much deliberation I settled for these ones. Do not judge my taste in colour - as you can see by my background, it's different!

General nice bold colours. I was only supposed to get four but I spent so long
hanging round the stall I was allowed another one. Maybe it was to celebrate
ohmigodgreat she's leaving at last!!
CHRISTMAAAAAASSS!!! Ahem. Sorry. I think the red one is pretty.
My mum hates this but I love it. What do you think, should paisley be erased
from existence?
Cross Stitch!

Close up of my progress so far on the wolf head. One of the three pics that I've
shamelessly nicked from my mum's blog.




Birds on a Wire - Completed!! The first proper cross stitch that I actually had the
patience to sit down and  finish ^.^.

I know it's not my normal type if post or anything but at least it's something. I might post some pictures of the most perfect recipe for coffee cake if I bake it tomorrow. Friday, at last. It's too late in the evening for me to comprehend humour so sorry if this is less amusing than the last one!

Happy Awesome-ness-ness!

Heather xx

4 comments:

  1. I'm very impressed with your shirt. I know I made something clothing related some time in my school life but I have no idea how to do it now. So great job!! I think it looks perfect.

    I love the fabrics you picked out. Depends on what you use the paisley for I guess but I think it's pretty. I love bright crazy tie dye type of colors though so I'm probably not a good judge haha.

    Love your stitching of course. What you are doing with the wolf face is so beautiful. Great choice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the wolf and gorgeous fabrics! Although I could give paisley a miss but only from bad childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cross stitch Heather - I can't believe you are choosing those blues as you go along.
    I quite like paisley but then it has no horrible memories for me. I say just go with what you are drawn to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing work on your shirt. You should be proud of yourself really, it looks fantastic so far!!
    I am so pleased you are now adding cross stitching to your hobbies, as you know, we are hooked :)
    I love your first finish, the fabric is so sweet but I am more impressed with your WIP, changing the colours is a difficult task and not many are that daring!!! It really look lovely, keep stitching.

    ReplyDelete