Sunday 22 November 2015

Progress on the Shirt

This is just a little thing for today but if I do lots more progress I might update this or do another mini post. Yesterday I did the exact opposite of what I said I would. I was supposed to spend five minutes clearing the floor in my (half-rearranged) bedroom when AND SUDDENLY THREE HOURS LATER happened... yeah. Tidying is slightly more productive I guess. BUT I also spent until ten in the evening finishing off my shirt (sans snaps) which gave me backache. Maybe the world is telling me that stitching is so much more comfortable. Naturally, after finally turning off the sewing machine that had been on for six hours and thinking I can't see because I've been looking at small things for ages! I just had to go and check on my mum who was neglecting the lamp and the stand in favour of cleaning out our guinea pigs... Yeah I totally didn't stay up until 12:00. But that's my stitching for today done, right? (Bad Heather. Very bad Heather.)

So anyway here's the shirt so far, beautifully modeled by Jennifer:



The bottom edges are the same length, it's just without the snaps they don't sit properly yet. There are a few loose threads - that's something I'll have to do today!

As for the coffee, I've updated my last post and put a pretty picture of what it looked like 24 hours ago, and what it definitely not what it looks like currently! Oink.

Update you soon P=

Heather xx


4 comments:

  1. Time just loves to fly past! Fantastic job on your shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing a really good job on the shirt daughter darling and Jennifer is modelling it beautifully. No staying up until midnight tonight though - school tomorrow! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shirt looks amazing! I am in awe of your sewing machine skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather your shirt is coming along really nicely, well done!
    I have to patience to stitch but not for sewing.
    This looks lovely, I can't wait so see it finish

    ReplyDelete